Sunkoshi River Rafting
- Adventurous, exciting and mesmerizing pool drop rapids
- Camping and wide sandy beach
- Caves, waterfalls, farming terraces ad dense forest with birds view
- The most popular water adventure of Nepal
- Closely observe rustic way of life
After having breakfast, we take three hours luxurious drive to Dolalghat, a famous religious place where Indrawati and Sun Koshi rivers meet. After lunch the safety, safety orientation and proper coaching will be given by rafting master. We start rafting over smooth rapids and some speedy rapids toward the ends. Today rafting is preparation warm up for upcoming challenges and preview of the adventure we will enjoy throughout rafting. After three hours, we reach to Butterfly Beach and enjoy sand games, campfires and dinners with tiny talks, and joke cracking with fellow rafters. Overnight in Camp.
After having breakfast, we continue rating in slightly speed rapids than yesterday as Sun Koshi flows down to lower elevation. After one hour we will encounter sharp bend with rapid tide, the first thrilling point. Today we will enjoy spectacular view of mountains to the north and beautiful paddy field and colorful settlements stretching on both sides of river. After lunch we reach to beautiful village of Majhi. The Majhi means fisherman in Nepali language. Majhis make a living by selling fishes. After short break at Majhi Gaun we reach to Chainpur for overnight stay. Today we enter to Sindhuli district. While our camp is being ready, we can explore the Chainpur and encounter with local people and enjoy tea, coffee and snacks in local eateries. Overnight in tent camp.
Today we wake up early morning and go for a short trek along with B.P Highway and to the nearby villages, where we observe morning rituals of local people. After having breakfast we paddle down the Sun Koshi River. After 30 minutes we reach to confluence of Tamakoshi and Sun Koshi. Nearby confluence there is a bend of III rapid speed. Now onward the volume of water is large and we enjoy adventurous paddling. Today we raft between Okhaldhunga and Sindhuli districts. As water volume increase we enjoying thrilling classes like Meat Grinder (Class IV-), Punch (Class IV-), Judy (Class III), Pre-anxiety (Class III) and High-anxiety (Class IV-) until we reach to Jaghare for overnight stay. Overnight in camping tent.
After breakfast we raft over exciting rapid grade call Harakpur I rapid then, we come to confluence of Sun Khosi and Dudh Koshi River that comes from Solu Khumbu district. After this confluence we have to be careful and active as we raft over high speed tides of different grades like High- Anxiety and Pre-Anxiety. As Sun Koshi gets narrow and violent, now onwards we have be very cautious and safety prepared until we reach to Raighat. Overnight in camping tent.
Today we enter into Udayapur district. The third last day of rafting is more challenging as we pass over adventurous rapids speed and paddle sown via sharp bends. At first we raft between dense forest both sides and we encounter exciting jaws rapid (Class IV) and thrilling Dead, the most notorious and challenging rapid of the Sun Koshi River. Then we raft over seemingly easy whiter water for one hour, then entering into dense forest we again encounter with Rhino Rock rapid class IV. Approaching Rasuwaghat we have to pass another exciting rapid nearby confluences of two small streams that flows violently. After 4 hours of challenging rafting we reach to Rasuwaghat for overnight stay
The second last day of rafting passes through the dense forest spotted with series of waterfalls caves and rocks. Raft masters named the section "Jungle corridor". The rapids are more challenging and extremer today. Sharp bend flowing downriver, many landslide debris, and confluence make us challenging to paddle trough the river. Today we raft over extreme rapid classes including Big Dipper (Class IV) followed by Black hole (Class III). After 5 hours exasperating rafting we reach to a beautiful confluence of three rivers, Tamor, Arun and Dudh Koshi. After loosening our bod, we play some beach game and enjoy our evening with beach games and campfire in tent camp. Overnight in Tent Camp.
After having breakfast, we raft over the smooth but large water volume for the last day. At first we enter in to dense forest area then gradually we reach to popular Hindu holy place Baraha Kshetra Dham. After one hour rafting we reach to Chatara, the ending point of rating. With the thrilling memory of rafting fresh in your mind, you will be transferred to Biratnagar airport for afternoon flight back to Kathmandu. After check into hotel we will meet in Thamel and had farewell dinner.
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Safety Kayak
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
Cost doesn't include
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Airfare (Kathmandu-Biratnagar-Kathmandu
- Tips to Staffs
- Sleeping bag
Please Bring Yourself
- swimwear for on the river
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)