Dudh Koshi River
The Dudh Koshi is the classic run from Everest. Basically can you start at Namche Bazaar (confluence with Bothe Koshi from Cho oyu), where you can Kayak all the way to Gopeghat mainly IV+ (V), then there is a major portage around the gorge at Basa. From there onwards will be more grade IV+ (VI) with the river easing down until it reaches the Sun Koshi.
A great river with stunning views from the Kumbhu Himal. The logistics aren't that difficult, as the trail follows the river and Lodges are plenty to be found. If you get the boats carried in from Kathmandu, the costs won't be to bad either.
Look at a long trip, which you can combine with a trek to Everest Base Camp and will get you all the way down to the lowlands of Nepal.
River Grade: Class IV+ (VI)
Starting point: Namche Bazaar
Ending Point: Chattra
River Distance: ...
River Days: 5/2 days (Flight to Lukla)
Best Season: Oct-Dec, Feb-April
Price: USD $ 450.00 Per person (Depend on pax)
Departure Oct. Nov. Dec./ March, April, May (Upon your request)
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Company T-Shirt
Cost doesn't include
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Tips to Staffs
- Sleeping bag